Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite
New parents to find infant car seats? Or perhaps you’re simply looking for a reliable all-rounder to safely and comfortably ride your newborns from hospital to home? Either way, you’re in luck, because Graco has once again shaken up the infant car seat market with the SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite.
Channeling the best-in-class safety extras, comfort features, and refreshing simplicity that made the original Graco one of the market’s most popular infant car seats, the SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite glides into the limelight with a smattering of excellent upgrades. Among these are a 1-Hand adjustable handle depending on specific models, a silent shade canopy (depending on specific models), an all-weather boot, and an anti-rebound bar.
But, Graco’s main USP remains the same: value for money.
*Price may change due to e-commerce platform and brand sales promotion.
Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite Review -
1. Who Is It Best For?
Will the Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite Be a Good Fit For Your Child and Family?
The Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite’s main appeal lies in its union of safety extras, upgraded comfortable features, and improved ease of use.
It is designed to provide maximum protection and comfort for newborns and infants (within 35 lbs and 32″) on the go. The padded headrest and removable newborn body support provide extra cushioning for smaller infants, while the adjustable harness and multiple recline positions ensure a perfect fit as your child grows.
The car seat also features an easy-to-read level indicator and one-hand adjustable handle for hassle-free installation and portability. Additionally, the SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite is compatible with Graco Click Connect™ strollers, making it easy to transition your baby from car to stroller in one click.
With so many improvements in safety, comfort, installation, and practicality, it’s not surprising that the price goes up over $250 (listing price at $269.99).
Overall, the Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite is a great choice for parents who value safety, convenience, and comfort for their little ones.
2. Pros and Cons
3. Value for Money
Is the price tag worth it?
The Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite is priced at $269.99, which falls in the mid-price range for infant car seats. While it may seem expensive compared to some other models on the market, the price tag is well worth it for parents who value safety, comfort, and convenience for their little ones.
First and foremost, this infant car seat is designed with top-of-the-line safety features to provide maximum protection for infants. Besides the bottom line of meeting or exceeding US safety standards, it features an anti-rebound bar, which can help distract the crash energy in the event of a collision. So parents can rest assured that their child is safe and secure while riding in the car.
The SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite is also incredibly easy to install and use, thanks to the easy-to-read level indicator, SnugLock installation technique, and one-hand adjustable handle.
Also, the seat cover is made of machine-washable fabrics and is easy to remove for cleaning. You won’t believe that it features the manufacturer’s exclusive RapidRemove design. Graco car seats with this design have an easy-to-remove seat cover, which Graco boasts to be removed in 60 seconds.
Overall, the Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite is an excellent investment for parents who want a high-quality and safe infant car seat for their child. While the price tag may be higher than some other models, the added peace of mind and convenience are well worth it.
What other infant car seats should you consider?
Doona Infant Car Seat Stroller
Why is it better than the Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite?
Why is it worse than the Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite?
Why is it better than the Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite?
Why is it worse than the Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite?
Why is it better than the Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite?
Why its worse than the Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite?
Dimensions and Width
Measuring 17.5″ (W) x 27.5″ (D) x 25.5″ (H), the Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite is fairly compact to fit in most vehicles while providing spacious room for growing babies.
The 17.5-inch width is very common among infant car seats, making it seem narrow. Actually, this width is good to rank among the best narrow car seats within 18.5-inch.
However, it would be a bit challenging to fit three car seats in a row with Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 included along with other car seats featuring a wider profile. It’s not a biggie if it sits side by side with a narrower convertible car seat like the SlimFit3 LX (16.75″) or Diono Radian 3R (17″).
The compact design makes it easy to install and maneuver in and out of the car, even if you have a smaller vehicle or for multi-car-seats situations.
Another factor to consider when determining the fit of the car seat in a small car is the size of the canopy. The canopy of the SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite is not very large compared to some other models, which can be a pro or a con depending on your needs. While the smaller canopy may not provide as much shade as other models, it also means that the car seat takes up less space overall.
The infant car seat (or called carrier sometimes) weighs approximately 9.8 pounds, which is relatively heavy compared to the lightest infant car seats (5-7.5 pounds) on the market.
However, the extra two pounds do not affect its portability if you’re planning to transport and use it as a carry-on during travel or carrying it with a 30-pound infant within it – better put it in a stroller.
Additionally, the carrier features an ergonomic handle, making it comfortable to carry for extended periods of time.
While the carrier is designed for use in a car, it is also a good option for parents who travel frequently or take their baby out and about.
The carrier can be easily removed from the car seat base and transferred to a stroller or carried using the handle. It is also compatible with Graco Click Connect™ strollers, making it easy to transition from car to stroller in one click.
The Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite features an adjustable canopy that provides coverage to protect infants from the sun, wind, or rain. The canopy is a crucial part of an infant car seat as it helps to create a protective and comfortable environment for the baby, and it has been designed with a UPF 50+ rating for added sun protection.
One improvement of the SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite lies in the canopy. It boasts of the Silent Shade technique in the canopy, which can be adjusted silently without disturbing the sleeping babies. This is very practical as young infants sleep most of the time, no matter in the car seat or at home.
However, compared to some other models on the market, the canopy size of the SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite is relatively small.
While the canopy may still provide adequate coverage in most situations, some parents may find that it doesn’t offer enough shade for their baby, particularly during bright and sunny days. Some parents may prefer to use a hat or blanket to provide additional protection for their baby’s sensitive skin.
On the other hand, the smaller size of the canopy also means that the car seat takes up less space and is easier to transport. Additionally, the canopy is adjustable with a visor, which allows parents to raise or lower the shade to the desired height.
The Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite features an ergonomic handlebar that is designed for the comfortable and secure carrying of the infant car seat. The handlebar is padded and curves slightly to fit comfortably in the hand, which is especially important for parents carrying the car seat for extended periods of time.
This one-hand adjustable handle allows parents to easily switch between carrying the car seat in a horizontal or vertical position. This makes it easy to move the car seat from the car to a stroller or other form of transportation.
Another benefit of the handlebar is its sturdy design. When the car seat is correctly installed on its base, the handle will “click” into place, indicating that the car seat is securely locked onto the base. This provides additional peace of mind for parents who are carrying the car seat, knowing that the car seat is locked in place and safe for their baby.
Overall, the handlebar of the Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite is ergonomic, adjustable, and sturdy, making it a valuable feature for parents who frequently move the car seat from one location to another.
The Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite infant car seat is compatible with Click Connect™ strollers, making it easy for parents to transition from car to stroller in one click without the need to remove the baby from the car seat. Here is a list of some of the strollers that are compatible with the Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite:
- Graco Modes™ Click Connect™ Stroller
- Graco Verb™ Click Connect™ Stroller
- Graco FastAction™ Fold Click Connect™ Stroller
- Graco Aire3™ Click Connect™ Stroller
- Graco FastAction™ Click Connect™ Travel System Stroller
- Graco Modes™ Element™ LX Travel System Stroller
- Graco UNO2DUO™ Travel System Stroller
- Graco Comfy Cruiser™ Click Connect™ Travel System Stroller
Right now, there is only one color available for Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite – Nico. This color option may be a preferred option for parents looking for a more natural, earthy color palette. It’s more of a neutral color and can be used for both baby girls and boys,
While some color options may be traditionally associated with either boys or girls, ultimately, the color of the car seat is a personal preference and should be chosen based on the individual needs and tastes of the parents.
6. Crash Tests and Safety Ratings
Is it safe to use Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite?
It’s no secret that all car seats sold in the US should meet or exceed all safety standards set by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Graco, the manufacturer of the car seat, is a trusted and reputable brand that has been producing car seats and other baby products for over 70 years.
The Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite has been rigorously tested for safety and has met or exceeded both federal safety standards and Graco’s own internal safety testing requirements. The car seat features a five-point harness system, EPS foam, and side impact protection to keep the baby safe and secure in the event of an accident.
It’s important to note that the safety of the infant car seat also depends on proper installation and use. That’s why we always urge you to follow the installation instructions carefully and ensure that the car seat is properly secured before each use. The car seat should be adjusted to fit the baby’s height and weight, and the harness should be adjusted to ensure a secure and comfortable fit.
In summary, the Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite is a safe and reliable infant car seat.
Side Impact Protection
The Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite features side-impact protection that helps to protect the baby’s head and body from injury in the event of a side-impact collision.
Side impact protection is achieved through a combination of measures. The car seat features a layer of EPS foam that lines the entire inside of the car seat, including the side walls and headrest. This foam is designed to absorb energy in the event of a crash, reducing the impact on the baby’s head and body.
In addition to the EPS foam, the car seat also features a reinforced steel frame that provides strength and durability, while also helping to absorb energy in the event of an impact. The harness system is adjustable and designed to keep the baby secure in the car seat, reducing the risk of injury in a collision.
Weight and Height Limits
Not an exception from infant car seats, the Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite has a weight limit of 35 pounds and a height limit of 32 inches.
It’s essential to ensure that the car seat is appropriately adjusted for the baby’s height and weight before each use.
Parents should always refer to the user manual that comes with the car seat and adjust the car seat’s harness to fit the baby snuggly and securely. The harness should be snug enough that parents cannot fit more than a finger between the harness and the baby’s collarbone.
The height and weight limits of the Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite are comparable to other infant car seats on the market, and they provide ample room for infants to grow before transitioning to a larger car seat.
Once the baby has outgrown the car seat – either the 35-pound weight limit or the 32-inch height limit, whichever comes first, parents should transition them to a larger, forward-facing car seat that is appropriate for their size and age. This will help to ensure that the baby is safe and secure in the car at all times.
Stage / Modes -1st
The Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite is classified as a Group 0+ car seat, which is the first stage of car seats that are designed for newborns and infants.
Car seats of this type, such as the Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite, are rear-facing only. Rear-facing car seats are the safest type of car seat for infants because they provide better support for the baby’s head, neck, and spine in the event of a collision.
After the baby outgrows the infant car seat, usually around the age of one, they will need to transition to a larger, forward-facing car seat that is suitable for their size and weight. The next stage of car seats is Group 1 car seats, which are forward-facing car seats that are suitable for toddlers and young children weighing between 20 and 65 pounds.
The manufacturer does not have a specific maximum age limit for the Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite as the car seat’s usage should be based on the child’s height and weight instead of age.
However, based on the top weight and height limits – 35 lbs and 32 inches, the SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite is able to accommodate infants between 12 months and 18 months of age at most, depending on the kid’s growth rate.
The rule of thumb is to use a rear-facing car seat for as long as possible, and when the child outgrows the car seat’s size limits or the top of the baby’s head is less than one inch from the top of the infant car seat, it’s time to transition them to the next stage of car seats.
One efficient way to extend the rear-facing ride is using a convertible car seat, which usually has a higher rear-facing capacity.
Is Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite approved for use on a plane?
Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite infant car seat is FAA approved and can be used on airplanes for both domestic and international flights. The certification is printed on a white sticker on the side or at the bottom of the car seat.
However, parents should always check with their airline for specific requirements and regulations regarding the use of car seats on airplanes. Some airlines may also require parents to purchase an additional ticket for their baby to use the car seat on the airplane.
When using the car seat on an airplane, parents should ensure that the car seat is correctly secured in the airplane seat using the aircraft’s seat belt. The car seat should be installed rear-facing, and the harness should be adjusted to fit the baby securely.
How long is Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite infant car seat good for
The Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite infant car seat is designed to last for approximately 7 years from the date of manufacture. This is the standard lifespan for infant car seats based on recommendations from car seat manufacturers and safety organizations.
Generally speaking, the real usable time of the car seat also depends on the frequency and intensity of usage, and the car seat’s exposure to sunlight, heat, and other environmental factors. Damage from excessive wear and tear, spills, or accidents can also affect the car seat’s lifespan, making it necessary to replace it sooner.
As per my experience, I would remark the expiry date in a reminder and deal with it if my car seat approaches that date.
8. Graco SnugRide SnugLock 35 Elite Installation
Before starting to install the car seat, you may where to put it. The center of the back seat is probably the safest position to install a car seat.
If possible, install the car seat on that spot. If that seat is not applicable for a proper installation, for example lacking a shoulder belt, either seat on the side would be safe. You may choose any of them based on your family’s and kid’s needs.
Install Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite Using LATCH
1. Remove Lower Anchor Attachment Connectors from Storage Location Unhook the Lower anchor attachment connectors and remove from storage position.
2. Make Sure Lower Anchor Attachment Strap is in the RearFacing Belt Path, Marked With a Blue Label.
3. Extend the Lower Anchor Attachment Strap Extend the Lower anchor attachment strap to its maximum length by pressing the gray button and pulling on the strap. 4. Place Base in Back Seat of the Vehicle Place the base flat on the vehicle seat. Push it back until the front of the base touches the vehicle seat back. Center the base between the lower Lower anchor attachment anchors. If allowed by your Vehicle Owners Manual, the center seating position may be used if the anchor spacing is 11” (28 cm) or greater. Note: Make sure base is a minimum of 80% on vehicle seat.
5. Check the Level Indicator Vehicle MUST be level with the ground. To recline, review section 2-E.
6. Connect Lower Anchor Attachment Connectors to the Vehicle’s Lower Anchor Attachment Anchors Lower anchor attachment strap should lay as flat as possible and not be twisted. Do not attach the hook upside down.
7. Tighten the Lower Anchor Attachment Strap Press down firmly in the center of the base while tightening the Lower anchor attachment strap.
8. Test For Tightness Grab the sides of the base where the Lower anchor attachment strap is and push and pull the base from side to side and front to back. If the base moves less than 1” (2.5 cm), it is tight enough.
9. Attach Car Seat to Base Place car seat into the base. Push down on the front of the car seat and handle until you hear a “click”. Test to make sure the car seat is attached by pulling up on the front corners of car seat.
10. Check the Level Indicator Vehicle MUST be level with the ground. Check the level indicator with child in the child restraint. See section 4-C to secure your child.
Install Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite Using Lap/Shoulder Belt
1. Store Lower Anchor Attachment Connectors Attach the Lower anchor attachment connectors to the plastic bars on sides of base as shown. Remove the slack.
2. Place Base in Back Seat of the Vehicle Place the base flat on the vehicle seat. Push it back until the front of the base touches the vehicle seat back. Note: Make sure base is a minimum of 80% on vehicle seat.
3. Check the Level Indicator Vehicle MUST be level with the ground. To recline, review section 2-E.
4. Route the Vehicle Seat Belt Thread vehicle seat belt through the rear-facing belt path (marked with a blue label) and buckle it. The seat belt should lay as flat as possible and not be twisted.
5. Lock the Vehicle Seat Belt In most vehicles today, slowly pull the shoulder belt all the way out and then let it go back in. You will hear a “clicking” sound. Slowly pull out on the belt and it should be locked. If not, review your car’s owner manual and section 6-D.
6. Tighten the Vehicle Seat Belt Press down firmly in the center of the base. Pull on the shoulder belt to tighten while feeding the slack back in the retractor.
7. Test For Tightness Grab the sides of the base where the seat belt is and push and pull the base from side to side and front to back. If the base moves less than 1” (2.5 cm), it is tight enough.
8. Attach Car Seat to Base Place car seat into the base. Push down on the front of the car seat and handle until you hear a “click”. Test to make sure the car seat is attached by pulling up on the front corners of car seat.
9. Check the Level Indicator Vehicle MUST be level with the ground. Check the level indicator with child in the child restraint. See section 4-C to secure your child.
Install Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite without Base with Vehicle Seat Belt
1. Place Car Seat in Back Seat of the Vehicle Place the car seat on the vehicle seat. Push it back until the front of the car seat touches the vehicle seat back. Check the rear-facing level line. The red level line on the side of the seat MUST BE LEVEL with the ground. If needed, rolled towels may be placed under the base, at the vehicle seat crease, until the level line is level with the ground.
2. Route the Vehicle Seat Belt Thread vehicle seat belt through the rear-facing belt path (marked with a blue label) and buckle it. The seat belt should not be twisted. If your shoulder belt is long enough, you may route the shoulder belt behind the seat as shown.
3. Lock the Vehicle Seat Belt In most vehicles today, slowly pull the shoulder belt all the way out and then let it go back in. You will hear a “clicking” sound. Slowly pull out on the belt and it should be locked. If not, review your car’s owner manual and section 6-D.
4. Tighten the Vehicle Seat Belt Lay your forearm across the car seat at the belt path and push down. Pull on the shoulder belt to tighten while feeding the slack back in the retractor.
5. Test For Tightness Grab the sides of the car seat where the seat belt is and push and pull the car seat from side to side and front to back. If the car seat moves less than 1” (2.5 cm), it is tight enough.
6. Check the Rear Facing Level Line The red level line on the side of the seat MUST BE LEVEL with the ground. Check the level line with child in the child restraint when making sure the line is level with the ground. If needed, rolled towels may be placed under the car seat, at the vehicle seat crease, until the level line is level with the ground.
Headrest and Harness
The Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite infant car seat has a headrest and harness that are designed to provide maximum comfort and safety for the baby. The headrest and harness are adjustable, allowing parents to customize the fit based on the baby’s height and weight.
The headrest is adjustable and has soft cushioning, which ensures that the baby’s head doesn’t flop around while they sleep or during a car ride. This padding is also removable and machine washable, making it easy to keep clean.
The harness is also adjustable and designed to keep babies snug and secure during car rides. The harness has a five-point system that ensures that the baby is secure in the car seat.
The harness straps are padded to prevent them from digging into the baby’s skin, and they are adjustable, making them suitable for babies of different sizes. The chest clip is easy to open using one hand, which makes it quick and straightforward to get the baby in and out of the car seat.
The Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite car seat also has an infant insert that provides added comfort for newborn babies. The infant insert is removable, and it allows babies to sit comfortably in the car seat without their heads flopping forward. This means that the baby’s chin remains off the chest, which can prevent breathing problems while sleeping.
Reclines - 4 Positions
The car seat, mainly the base, supports four different recline positions, which can be adjusted easily without having to rethread the straps or reposition the base. This allows parents to quickly and easily adjust the car seat to find the optimal recline position for the baby.
The multiple recline positions ensure the car seat suits the baby’s size, weight, and developmental stage. For younger infants, a more reclined position may be more comfortable and safe, as it can help to prevent the baby’s head from flopping forward and potentially impeding their breathing.
As the baby grows, parents can adjust the recline position to provide a more upright position that accommodates their growing size and ability to hold their head up on their own.
The car seat features a level indicator that helps parents to adjust the recline angle to ensure that the baby is in a comfortable position that is safe for travel.
Head and body support are two of the most important accessories included in the Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite infant car seat. They offer extra cushioning and support for infants.
They are removable and recommended for detaching when your baby grows around 12 pounds when they’re ready to fit well in the car seat to use the 5-point harness.
Plus, it comes equipped with a few other infant accessories designed to keep babies comfortable and supported during car rides. The canopy offers protection from the sun’s harmful rays. The seat belt covers prevent irritation and discomfort, and the LATCH system makes it easy to install and secure the car seat in the car. The car seat’s compatibility with Graco strollers and Click Connect technology also makes it easy to move the baby from the car to the stroller without disturbing their sleep.
The Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite infant car seat is designed with comfort in mind, and the padding plays a crucial role in providing a comfortable ride for babies. The car seat features ample padding, including the headrest and harness system, to ensure the baby’s comfort during car rides.
The car seat’s padding is made of high-quality materials that are soft and plush, ensuring that the baby doesn’t get irritated or uncomfortable during longer rides. The padding is also designed to provide support for the baby’s head, neck, and back, ensuring a comfortable ride even on bumpy roads.
The seat itself is also heavily padded, providing extra cushioning and support for the baby’s body. The car seat’s base is designed to absorb shock, helping to reduce the impact of any bumps or vibrations during car rides, making the ride more comfortable for the baby.
10. Care and Maintenance
CLEANING SEAT PAD: Machine wash pad & canopy in cold water with gentle soap on delicate cycle & drip dry. Do not use bleach.
CLEANING BUCKLE: Place in a cup of warm water and gently agitate the buckle. Press red button several times while in the water. Do not submerge the buckle strap. Do not use soap, detergents or lubricants.
CLEANING HARNESS: Surface wash only with mild soap & damp cloth or wipes. Do not immerse harness straps or latch strap in water. For full instructions see here.
CLEANING HARDGOODS: Metal and plastic parts may be cleaned with mild soap & cool water For full cleaning instructions.
|Suitable for||Newborns and infants|
|Portability (1-10)||8. Compact and lightweight|
|Weight limits (lb.)||4-35|
|Height limit (inch)||32”|
17.5″W x 25.5″H x 27.5″D (without base)
|Age Range||Birth-12~18 months old|
|Installation||LATCH and seat belt|
|Extra Features||All-weather boot, anti-rebound bar, RapidRemove feature|
The Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite infant car seat comes with a limited one-year warranty from the date of purchase. T
he warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship under normal use and maintenance. This means that if the car seat experiences any problems due to manufacturing defects, Graco will provide a replacement or repair for the car seat free of charge.
To take advantage of the warranty, customers must register their product with Graco within 90 days of purchase. Customers must also provide proof of purchase, including the date of purchase and the name of the retailer.
You should always read the user manual before starting to install and use it for riding your child.
The Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite car seat manual is stored in a small storage slot at the bottom of the car seat, but you can always find the online user manual on its official website, or download the PDF here.
14. Graco SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite vs SnugRide SnugFit 35 DLX
|Car Seats Comparison||SnugRide SnugFit 35 Elite||SnugRide SnugLock 35 Elite||SnugRide SnugFit 35 DLX|
|Weight limits (lb)||4-35||4-35||4-35|
|Easy-to-Remove Seat Pad||✓||✓||✓|
|Silent Shade Canopy||✓||-||✓|
|1-Hand Adjustable Handle||✓||-||✓|
|Energy Absorbing Base||-||✓||-|
|LATCH||One-Second InRight LATCH||One-Second InRight LATCH||One-Second InRight LATCH|
|SnugLock® Installation Technology||✓||✓||✓|
|Carrier weight without base||9.8||9.6||8.8|
*About the height limit for rear-facing: The top of the head must be 1” (2.5 cm) below the headrest adjustment lever.